Sunday, August 16, 2009

Sunday rest day

Wow, I ate lots last night and today. I had 3 suppers and woke up this morning ravenous. While walking down the stairs to the kitchen I realised my legs were absolutely tickets. The energy jells yesterday did they trick - they kept me going well beyond my means and subsequently drained every bit of energy and ripped every muscle tissue at the same time. I tried to do as little was possible the rest of the day.

As mentioned yesterday, it was the home town race. Friday night was a running race in the town, Saturday night our race and tonight was the race for the locals. You have to live in the town and you are not allowed to have done any UCI race this year. So all the old toppies and bikes of all sorts surfaced as roughly 50 people pulled up to the 40km 20-lap race. They spoke to the mayor, the councilor, the oldest town member, and some other people of significance. A real community affair.



This weekend also marked the annual truck get together just outside of Tielt. A rode to go see the trucks and the people - what a strange crowd.


They also had a crane which lifted cars 30m high and then to everyone's amusement dropped them onto a log. Right...



So I did some riding today, probably only 25kms but my legs are starting to feel better.

Tomorrow (Monday) I'm racing in the local league, some 25kms away. It is going to be a late night with the racing starting at 19:00, probably finishing at 21:00 and getting home around 22:30 - all on bike. Tuesday another race and then 3 days off.

Some random info - I have been having issues each time I enter a race. I discovered on Saturday that my license says "Club 100 Cycling Club" and the UCI list of clubs the officials check against says "MTN Cycling Club" So they see no correlation. Sigh... Dear old Cycling SA...

No comments:

Post a Comment