Wednesday, August 5, 2009

First Begijdendijk Ride

So there is a group which meets at 13:00 in a town called Begijnendijk (http://www.begijnendijk.be/). Rachel took me to the town, some 25kms away. The group was roughly 100 people and I was wondering how they decide when to leave - i.e. when will more people come, etc. While I was contemplating how one would decide, the big church bell rang at 13:00 and everyone clipped in and left. Easy enough.

It was an easy'ish 140km ride. Faster than a recovery ride and slower than a hard ride,. nevertheless, I got to do some work at the front, got shouted at by some old Belgium toppie for pulling the group too fast and tried to get use to enter intersections from the wrong side. I still look in the wrong direction for traffic.

I met a rider from Hongkong, ex Marco-Polo rider, and we'll be riding together later this week. Spotted some scenery along the way while riding home:






Now I am use to riding in the dark with several layers of clothes and it is Winter at home. That is my excuse for frying myself red like a tomato on this ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment