Saturday, August 29, 2009

Race # 11 - St Truden to Bousalle

It was good to race again after having the last 5 days off. It sounds so little but it has felt so long. The wind was howling as we set of for the 55km from St Truden to Bousalle where we did 8 laps of a very hilly circuit. The strong winds made for hard guttering from the gun.

The group split at 36kms and we all rejoined again at 50kms just before a 3km steep climb. I took strain on the climb and settled in a chasing group of 9. The font group was probably around 35 riders, so I knew we were out of money for the day - paying up to 30th. Each lap of the circuit I however noticed more and more riders having pulled out so I knew we could just just be in for some prize money, lol.

I had set aside all my money for the last week - air change fare, taxi money, rent money, and race money and used the remaining money almost to the cent on some groceries this morning. So I knew I had no money left and it was pretty important I get some money out of 1 of these 5 races. Well, I'm glad to say I just managed coming 29th and taking 12 Euro home for the efforts. We did a hard ride into the wind and over many more hills home making for a 180km day.

I will need to do some hill training when I get home - my climbing has deteriorated big time..

Race stats: 110km, 2:54, 37km.h, 142bpm ave, 171 max, 22C ave, 24C max, 900m climbing

Tomorrow it is off to Kapellen, about 15kms away for a 117km race. Will update again tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment