Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Brussels

I'm the tourist

Ok, so when I get home and I think back of the trip, what would I kick myself for not doing. Well, seeing Brussels for 1 would be on the list, so I spent my rest day yesterday walking in excess of 10kms around Brussels seeing the sites. So much for a rest day!

I didn't have a plan as I let home at 08:45, but it would somehow work it. Then, as I walked out of Belgium Central Station,


there it was. The light shining on it. The sound of the heavenly voices "aaaaahhhhhhhh", an Open Top bus - the same company as the red ones in Cape Town. This was perfect! It would take me to all the places I HAD to see and then I could plan my day.


Knowing absolutely nothing about Brussels and not expecting anything I was pleasantly surprised by the attractions. The Manikin Pis was as small as everyone said and Atomium was much bigger than I could have expected. The cathedrals, architecture and buildings were spectacular. The chocolate good and the pastries delightful.





I've put some of the pictures together in a collage - click the image below to see them in some more detail.

I got home at 21:00 to a Pommie barbequing for our house and the apartment next door. It was good and I even got to eat a piece of red meat in my pasta rich diet - yes please! Tomorrow (Tuesday) I'm racing closeby in Hoeleden, some 16kms from home. Will update after the race.

1 comment:

  1. how hectic are those big atom balls, i went to see them too. crazy site, almost out of this world!

    ReplyDelete