Sunday, June 10, 2012

3's a Crowd, 4's a Family!



So the cat is out of the bag and I might as well make it official! I'm 13 weeks pregnant! It came as a big surprise I must admit and you're probably questioning why I say that since making babies is not accidental most of the time. Jaco has been out of the country lately more so than in the country so we didn't think it possible ourselves. But obviously we are just really good at it and so voila - Milea will have a brother or sister come Christmas time. I just love celebrating special occasions, so this year I will have a little baba for a Christmas pressie as the tiny tot is due on the 23rd December. I hope it arrives on my doorstep with a pretty bow and beautiful packaging. Mmmm trying not to think about another operation again....

Since I did the home pregnancy test (on my own since J was away!) and it turned out positive, my mind suddenly started telling my body I was pregnant. I have been feeling really nauseous ever since. Definitely different to when I was carrying Milea - they say all pregnancy's are different. I've been craving foods that I don't normally eat or drink such as oranges, niknaks and glasses of milk! And boy have I been packing the food in, so I have a sneaky suspicion that a little boy is brewing in there.

Other momentous news is that Milea celebrated her first year on this earth recently (25th May 2012). As you know I love celebrations and so decided to throw her a big party! Now, having a winter baby is not great in Cape Town because parties at the park or beach or garden just don't work with the uncertainty of rain. So what was meant to be a relaxed affair of planning became a stressed and crazed time of trying to find an indoor venue to cater for 1 year olds and younger, as well as the old fogies who wanted tea and cake. So at the last minute, we decided on the Cape Milner Hotel in Tamboerskloof and served a high tea which was fantastic. Unfortunately Milea was a little out of sorts, with too much attention and photo-posing, so she was miserable and grumpy most of the time. Thank goodness Granny and Grandpa were down for the weekend and Ouma too, so there were all hands on deck to try and keep her happy and smilling. The lyric "Its my party and I'll cry if I want to" definitely rang true this time! She was thoroughly spoilt and we're slowly handing out 1 toy per every couple of days to try and keep the interest up. Thank goodness for new toys - even I was getting sick of her other ones!


Exciting times ahead as we plan to leave for China this Friday. We have no idea what we're in for as we travel to Beijing and Shanghai to experience a bit of the East. With no signs in English, few people even speaking English and every living thing walking off our plates, I'm a little nervous but trying to keep positive for our 'babymoon" (as opposed to a honeymoon). Jaco's mom has kindly agreed to stay at our place and look after Milea so she will hopefully not realise we're missing for 9 days. It will probably be the last holiday that the 2 of us go on alone for the next 20 years so we're going to make the most of it. We're so looking forward to the hot weather of over 30 degrees everyday after this cold snap we're having.

Otherwise, life is good. Jaco is working hard as usual and gyming alot. He's hardly touched his bike since the Argus but intends to get back into it when the summer swings around. I'm trying to find motivation to go to gym in the afternoons after work, but yawning every 5 minutes and feeling ill are not great motivators so any other excuse normally wins the battle. We've started taking Milea swimming at the heated pool at the gym and she loves it. She squeals with delight and watches all the other kids swimming. After just 2 times, she has learnt to hold onto the side of the pool by herself. Bu she sometimes forgets what she is doing and starts sinking under the water and gulping in all the water and  has a mini freak out. Its so lovely watching her growing up and discovering nw things and experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment